Understanding your finances is an essential step for achieving financial security--which is why financial literacy is so valuable.
That's why, at Family Trust, we are dedicated to spreading financial literacy to our members and to the community beyond. By offering free, personalized counseling sessions and resources--both in-person and remotely--we ensure that everyone can develop the skills they need to manage their money responsibly. We strive to create a knowledgeable and confident culture of financial literacy that extends far beyond our walls. We want individuals and households in our community to feel empowered--no matter the size of their income. It's all part of our ongoing commitment to helping people achieve financial success.
We are dedicated to giving back.
One way we do that is by helping people understand how to make their money work for them through...
- Free workshops
- Free financial counseling for Family Trust members
- Sponsoring financial education courses in our local high schools
- Monthly email articles
- Online resources on various topics such as budgeting and credit monitoring.
We also extend our reach beyond our membership by partnering with impactful local organizations that work to promote financial literacy, too. Through these initiatives and collaborative efforts, we are proud to help our members and our community progress toward financial success with knowledge and resources that will help them now and for generations to come.
We're helping thousands each year.
In 2022 alone, we...
- Held 180 individual financial counseling sessions
- Partnered with over ten local non-profits, schools and businesses to give 35 presentations
- Sponsored three area high schools for the Ramsey Solutions Financial Education curriculum
- Organized children's financial education events
- Attended multiple community events to distribute financial literacy information
- Wrote over 12 articles on financial literacy
- plus more!
Learn more about our financial literacy initiatives by contacting our Financial Counselor, Sharon Brooks, today.