Not just for savings accounts anymore.
- High Yield Dividend1
- No Fee with Simple Qualifications2
- Consumer Loan Discount3
- Unlimited ATM Transactions4
Ever thought that your checking account could earn you money? You work hard, and now your checking account can too. This new and modernized checking account brings you the following benefits:
- Dividends: Earn 3.25% APY1 on balances up to $20,000 and 0.10% APY1 on the remaining balance above $20,000.
- Simple qualifications: Your account maintenance fee is waived with:
- a qualifying direct deposit5
- 20 debit card or credit card transactions posted the previous month
Otherwise, pay only $7.95 for account maintenance.2, 6
- New benefits7:
- $hopping RewardsTM* offers cash back and discounts at some of your favorite online retailers,
- Updated IDProtect®7 with new features so you can better monitor your credit file and receive assistance should you become an identity theft victim
- Cell Phone Protection8 and more!
And that’s just the tip of the iceberg. With your Loyalty Checking Account, you'll also receive features that will enhance and make your financial life easier:
- Unlimited ATM Transactions4
- Consumer Loan rate discount3
- IDProtect®7 Credit Score Tracker9, 10
- IDProtect®7 Credit Score Simulator9**
- Free Visa® Debit Card
- Free Digital Banking11 with Mobile Deposit12, BillPay13, and eStatements6
- Apple Pay®14 , Google PayTM 15 , and Samsung Pay16
- Overdraft protection available17
- Members over age 60 with a personal checking account receive one free box of checks annually.
Most checking accounts earn little or no dividends. Our Loyalty Checking account earns high-yield dividends on balances up to $20,000.
Free Visa® Debit Card
This go-everywhere card makes purchasing, fast, secure, and easy and offers purchase protections, too.
With Apple Pay, Google Pay, and Samsung Pay securely store your Family Trust Debit Card information on your mobile device and use it to make cardless and contactless payments just about anywhere.
Unlimited ATM transactions4
If you have to use an out-of-network ATM, we'll refund your transaction fees.
Overdraft Protection Available17
Family Trust offers several optional overdraft protection services. Overdraft protection options can be review on our website. Enroll by phone 803-367-4100 or at any local branch.
*Registration/activation required; available via web or mobile only.
- The Annual Percentage Yield (APY) is effective as of 01/01/2024, is variable and may change after the account is opened. The dividend period, dividend compounding and crediting are monthly. Rates, terms and conditions are subject to change without notice.
- Fee waived with a qualifying direct deposit and at least 20 debit card or Platinum/Traditional credit card transactions posted the previous month. One Loyalty Checking account per member permitted.
- Must be 18 to apply for a loan. Members with a Loyalty Checking may qualify for the 0.25% APR discount. See your Lending Consultant or call 803-367-4100 for further details.
- To locate a surcharge free ATM, visit the familytrust.com Branches & ATMs page. When using a Non-Family Trust ATM, you may incur a fee by the ATM operator/network, and you may incur a balance inquiry fee even if you do not complete a transaction. With Loyalty Checking, all ATM withdrawal and inquiry fees are refunded monthly, whether incurred from Family Trust or other institutions, as determined applicable by the Credit Union.
- Must have a direct deposit(s) into a personal Family Trust account. Deposits that do not meet eligibility include deposits or transfers made at a branch, through Digital Banking, by a debit, credit or prepaid card, or through a payment App or service.
- A $5 statement by mail fee applies to accounts without e-statements. E-statement enrollment is required. Fee is waived for members with Loyalty Checking, members under age 18 or over age 60.
- Benefits are available to personal checking account owner(s) and their joint account owners and are subject to the terms and conditions for the applicable Benefits. Some Benefits require authentication, registration and/or activation. Benefits are not available to a “signer” on the account who is not an account owner or to businesses, clubs, trusts, organizations and/or churches and their members, or schools and their employees/students. This applies to Loyalty Checking ID Protect.
- Special Program Notes: The descriptions herein are summaries only and do not include all terms, conditions and exclusions of the Benefits described. Please refer to the actual Guide to Benefit and/or insurance documents for complete details of coverage and exclusions. Coverage is provided through the company named in the Guide to Benefit or on the insurance certificate. Guide to Benefit and insurance certificate can be found online at www.familytrust.org/LoyaltyRewards. Insurance Products are not insured by the NCUA or any Federal Government Agency; not a deposit of or guaranteed by the credit union or any credit union affiliate.
- Credit Score is a VantageScore 3.0 based on single bureau data. Third parties may use a different VantageScore or a different type of credit score to assess your creditworthiness. Once you have activated credit file monitoring, you may request your credit score. Once you have done so, you will have access to your score on a monthly basis.
- Credit Score Tracker: Once credit file monitoring has been activated and you have requested your first credit score, you may request a new credit score each month to be plotted on your Credit Score Tracker graph. Monthly email notifications will be sent to let you know when your new score is available.
- Family Trust does not charge for this service; however, your wireless carrier’s data rates may apply.
- Only members with a checking account that are eligible for Mobile Deposit can use this service.
- Free Bill Pay only applies to basic services. Fees may apply for additional services.
- Apple Pay is a registered trademark of Apple Inc.
- Google Pay is a trademark of Google LLC.
- Samsung Pay is a registered trademark of Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd.
- Interest will accrue if transferred from a credit card. Must be 18 to apply for a credit card and qualification is required.