Fresh Start Checking: because we believe in second chances.
- Free Digital Banking
- Free Debit Card
- Unlimited Check Writing1
We know nobody is perfect and managing money can be tough. Fresh Start checking is designed to give you a chance to regain your financial footing without having to pay a bunch of fees just to use your own money.
You see, at Family Trust, we’re here to help our members with their financial needs, not to penalize them for their past mistakes. Simply put, we want to make your financial life better. Because here, you come first.
Here’s everything you’ll get with Fresh Start Checking.
- No minimum balance requirements
- No minimum deposit to open1
- Free Visa® debit card
- Check cashing services available3
- Free digital banking4 with Mobile Deposit5, BillPay6 and eStatements7
- Apple Pay® 8
- Unlimited check writing9
- Access to 90+ surcharge-free ATMs10
- Overdraft protection available2
- Low monthly maintenance fee of $10
Free Visa® Debit Card
This go-everywhere card makes using your card fast, secure, and easy and offers essential purchase protections, too.
Manage your account anytime and just about anywhere from your computer or mobile device. You can also pay your bills anytime and anywhere in just a few clicks, or set up automatic bill payment and basically let your bills pay themselves. And our free eStatements are greener, more secure, and much easier to use than paper statements.
With Apple Pay, you can securely store your Family Trust Debit Card information on your mobile device and use it to make cardless and contactless payments just about anywhere.
Overdraft Protection Available
Family Trust offers several optional overdraft protection services. Overdraft protection options can be reviewed on our website. Enroll by phone 803-367-4100 or at any local branch.
1. Must meet Membership and eligibility requirements to open account.
2. A $3 fee will be charged each time overdraft protection transfers from a savings, or interest will accrue if transferred from a credit card. Must be 18 to apply for a credit card and qualification is required.
3. Fees may apply.
4. Family Trust does not charge a fee; however, your wireless carrier's data rates may apply.
5. Only members with a checking account that are eligible for Mobile Deposit can use this service.
6. Free Bill Pay only applies to basic services. Fees may apply for additional services.
7. A $5 statement by mail fee applies to accounts without e-statements. E-statement enrollment is required. Fee is waived for members with Premier Choice Checking, members under age 18 or over age 60.
8. For a list of compatible Apple Pay devices, see www.apple.com/apple-pay.
9. Checkbooks are available to purchase. Members with True Choice Checking over age 60, and members with Premier Choice Checking, receive one free box of checks annually.
10.The standard fee for using a Non-Family Trust ATM is $2 per withdrawal and $0.75 per balance inquiry, and the ATM operator may access additional fees. To avoid charges, use a Family Trust ATM or surcharge-free ATM in our network, which can be located on our ATM Locations page.