First-Time Home Buyers Guide
Are you ready to buy your first home? Here’s a list of what you’ll need to get started, the smartest way through the home-buying process, frequently asked questions and list of common mortgage terms.
Steps to Homeownership
What You’ll Need to Get Started
- Copies of license and Social Security card
- Two most recent paycheck stubs covering at least 30 days year-to-date
- Two most recent years signed tax returns including W-2s, 1099s, etc.
- Current bank statements outside of Family Trust
- Other asset accounts: 401(k), investments, etc.
- Homeowners Insurance (name and agent)
- Attorney to be used for closing
|Your Steps to Homeownership||We'll Take Care of the Rest|
|Complete online or in-branch prequalification application or make Mortgage Services appointment.||Pre-qualification letter sent to borrower.|
|Begin shopping for new home.||Submit loan for review and approval.|
|Return completed, signed sales contract to Family Trust.||Request and re-submit any additional documents needed for final approval.|
|Select a loan type and lock in an interest rate.||Schedule closing for about one week after final approval.|
|Sign disclosures and return other requested items promptly.||We will let you know how much your down payment/closing costs are 72 hours prior to closing. Sign final papers and get the keys to your new home.|