I am flying to NYC this evening to ride in the “Ride to Montauk” cycling event. Each person who has asked me about this trip is both intrigued and confused. They are interested in the fact that the ride is 108 miles long, but at the same time wondering why someone would CHOOSE to suffer on a bicycle for 6+ hours.
It shall be fun!
There will be a play by play write up after the event, assuming we make it. However, in the meantime, here are my goals for the ride:
- Finish the ride
- Help my buddy finish the ride
- Not crash
- Stop at each rest stop (every 25 miles)
- Not get sunburned
- Be able to walk afterwards
- Lastly, kill the pain!
More updates this weekend.
- Finish the ride – CHECK (110 miles)
- Help my buddy finish the ride – CHECK
- Not crash – CHECK
- Stop at each rest stop (every 25 miles) – CHECK (needed it too)
- Not get sunburned – CHECK
- Be able to walk afterwards – CHECK
- Lastly, kill the pain! – CHECK (John’s Pizzeria and adult beverages took care of this)