Family Trust has always stressed that a strong password is crucial for your security, and as of July 9, we are requiring that all MyBranch passwords be at least eight characters.
If your password does not meet the requirement, you can log into MyBranch anytime to change it. After July 9, you will be prompted to change your password when logging in. Passwords for MyMobile will be changed automatically when the MyBranch password is changed.
To change the password, log into MyBranch and click on Profile in the tool bar and then Credentials, or click on the box that says “I want to change my password.”
MyBranch passwords must be between eight and 20 characters and contain at least one number. Do not use your member name or account username.
We also recommend that ideal passwords contain upper and lower case letters, numbers and symbols. Do not use your Social Security number, address, telephone, birth date or names.
Other safety tips include:
• Don’t use the same password every time you log in somewhere. Mix them up.
• Don’t give your password to anyone.
• Don’t respond to any email asking for your password.
• Don’t leave passwords out in the open. No sticky notes on the screen or in a drawer by the keyboard.
• Do use a secure Internet connection and avoid public Wi-Fi hotspots.
Regulations by the Federal Financial Institutions Examination Council are requiring that passwords be longer for security measures.