Grandmother’s house is on the horizon and Christmas will be here before you know it. Family Trust is ready with special offers to help you wrap it up in style.
Start with our Visa gift cards that are free for members through Dec. 31. Chose from $10 to $1,000 increments. They’re easy, safe and replaceable if lost or stolen. Visit a branch and take advantage of no purchase fees, usually $3 each.
Of course, we encourage members to spend wisely over the holidays. Here are a few tips:
• A good rule of thumb is to spend no more than 1.5 percent of your annual income on Christmas.
• Make a budget and stick to it.
• Look for sales and use coupons. Some stores honor competitors’ coupons.
• Compare prices on the Internet; some sites will tell you if an item is in stock.
• Save your receipts so you’re prepared in case you need to return items.
• Consider giving friends and family coupons for things like a meal or babysitting.
And finally, shop local. Studies show that 45 cents of every dollar spent at an independent store is reinvested in York County; for a national chain, it’s only 15 cents. Give your neighborhood merchant a gift and shop at home first.