The holidays are fun but can stress even the strongest budget. Family Trust is here to help. Here are a few tips for managing your holiday spending.
- Create a budget. Spend no more than 1.5 % of your annual income on Christmas.
- Be selective. Not everyone needs a gift. Make a meal or give a coupon for a service like baby-sitting.
- Look for sales and use coupons. Some stores will honor competitors’ coupons.
- Shop around. Compare prices on the internet. Some store sites will tell you if an item is in stock at your local store.
- Save receipts. Be prepared in case you need to return items.
- Buy Local, Score Big. Use your Family Trust Visa Debit or Platinum Awards credit card in York County (as a signature-based transaction) and earn double points. Points can be redeemed for cash, gift certificates and travel.*